Pentucket Medical ExpressCare is a busy provider of urgent care services.
In 2013, they were a top-performing practice, but still struggled with patient satisfaction issues, including:
- An inability to directly measure wait times
- Incorrect wait times estimated by front desk staff
- Patients who were unable to manage their own wait experience
- Day-to-day fluctuations in wait times
Then, in July 2013, they implemented Clockwise.MD.
Converting Online Visitors into Paying Customers
Clockwise converted visitors to the Pentucket web properties into patients through reservations made online. Over 50 percent of patients who clicked on a “skip the wait” link made a reservation before leaving the site or visiting a competitor’s site. Reservations made online grew by 200 percent over a 12-month period, accounting for more than 15 percent of total patient volume.
Reducing Cancellations by 35%
Cancellations went from 268 patients to 174 patients over a six-month time period, reducing the cancellation rate by 35 percent. This reduction in cancellations alone accounted for over $25,000 in additional annual revenue.
Patient cancellation rate (as a percent) before and after Clockwise
Increasing New Patient Volume
Clockwise converted visitors to the Pentucket web properties into patients through reservations made online. Over 50 percent of patients who clicked on a “skip the wait” link made a reservation before leaving the site or visiting a competitor’s site. Reservations made online grew by 200 percent over a 12-month period, accounting for over 15 percent of total patient volume.
Percent of online patients that became returning patients
- 68 percent of all patients had a wait time of less than 10 minutes.
- On average, wait-time accuracy was predicted within less than 1 minute.
- The average wait for patients with reservations was 5 minutes and 9 seconds, while the average wait time for walk-in patients was 10 minutes and 43 seconds.
- When asked how likely they were to recommend Pentucket to others, patients responded with an average score of 9.5 out of 10.
- 90 percent of online patients said the reservation feature influenced their decision to choose Pentucket Medical.
“Now, our patients can not only see how long their wait time will be, but they can sign in to the queue online and essentially avoid the waiting room altogether. We now have effective tools for managing expectations and giving patients the information they desire.”
Garrett Bomba, Medical Director