Is your urgent care thinking about attesting for Meaningful Use (MU)? This incentive payment program authorized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for eligible professionals (EPs) could be beneficial to your clinic’s physicians—and is definitely worth checking into—especially if an eligible professional has a large volume of Medicare or Medicaid patients.
Meaningful Use promotes EPs to adopt, implement, and demonstrate the use of EHR technology in a “meaningful way”. MU is divided into two separate program choices for provider attestation—either Medicare or Medicaid. Reimbursement payments vary depending on program and first year of attestation.
The CMS and other government health websites offer clinics many free, helpful resources and information to help determine if MU is right for their providers.
Here are five resources for Meaningful Use that we found really useful.
1. Getting Started Guide – Just want a brief overview of Meaningful Use? Get it here.
2. Eligible Professional Decision Tool – Decide if providers are eligible for Medicare or Medicaid programs by using this handy flowchart (located at the bottom of the web link under “Downloads”.)
3. Incentive Payment Timeline – View a helpful chart that displays the EHR incentive payment time frame and potential payments for the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
4. Regional Office Contacts – Check out a list of regional contacts to help with in-depth Meaningful Use questions.
5. Educational Resources – Get quick web links to registration guides, tip sheets, clinical measures, and audit information.
Another great resource? If you’re a DocuTAP client, Meaningful Use Navigator is available to help guide you through the attestation process with our EHR. This MU advisory service program was launched in 2013 and offers guidance and time-saving documentation like checklists, timeline reminders, and training videos. Best of luck in all your attestation endeavors!