Who We Need:
Are you a team player with great communication skills and an attention to detail? Do you enjoy researching and learning new things? Do you get giddy when you balance the bottom line? Well if the answer is yes to any of those questions, then DocuTAP may have the internship for you! As a Medical Billing Intern you will get exposure to our world of Revenue Cycle Management, the vehicle that drives money collection for the company and our clients. You will gain real world experience as you work alongside a team in either Accounts Receivable, Refunds, or Payment Posting.
What You’ll Do:
- Follow up on all claims from billing through final resolution
- Identify and correct billing errors. Resubmit claims to insurance carriers
- Follow up on payment errors, low reimbursement, denials, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Resolve problems from internal and external sources.
- Assist AR Specialists working in specific workbaskets.
- Run reports to identify visits with overpayments
- Research and identify overpayment reasons and take appropriate plan of action to rectify overpayment
- Other duties assigned
- Knowledge of Windows based applications, and MS Office software products
- Proficient in use of email and the internet
- Good numeracy skills
- Accurate keyboarding skills
- Ability to learn quickly, build and maintain long term relationships and work with minimal supervision
- Customer service driven
- Internship will be 10 weeks, from June to August, 2018
- Applications will be accepted until December 1, 2017
- This is a paid internship
- Interns will have a designated navigator
- Interns will present their program findings to DocuTAP's Executive Team
- Interns will work with and meet some of the most innovative minds in healthcare
- Nerf gun wars are likely!
Please apply here!