A Little About Us:
DocuTAP is a market leading, entrepreneurial and high growth software and services company with distinctive On-Demand Healthcare solutions, serving the fastest growing and most progressive segments of healthcare. We offer exciting, high caliber and high impact roles that are wrapped in a fun, enthusiastic, casual and rewarding work environment.
A Lot About You:
We are seeking an incredibly product-oriented Vice President of Product Engineering to lead our software engineering teams that are focused on delivering new and innovative products on modern web, mobile and cloud platforms. An eye for process, a distinct ability to lead, and an uncompromising enthusiasm to deliver product value is key to this position. This role oversees and assists in the architecture, design, and implementation of both existing and new products. We want someone that’s passionate about taking complex problems and finding simple valuable solutions that have a phenomenal user experience. This exciting and forward-looking role will be delivering industry leading healthcare IT solutions to an extremely fast growing and dynamic market.
As Vice President of Product Engineering, you will lead multiple software engineering teams (total of 20+ software/database developers, quality assurance analysts and other roles) through direct and sub-manager reporting relationships. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to optimize the overall productivity and effectiveness of the team will be critical in achieving both project goals and long-term strategic company goals. Great partnerships with Product Management, Project Management and Operations are required to build inter-department processes that ensure consistent and predictable product delivery. This role has a heavy focus on iterative product development and will champion a DevOps and Agile mindset that is embedded within the way the life cycle flows across all product engineering roles. As a senior leader in the technology organization, you will help set technology wide strategies that spans beyond your direct area of accountability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership – Provide strategic and hands-on leadership to build elite teams of engineers and a set of processes that deliver world class products. Lead by example, adhering to our Core Values and high moral, professional and work ethics at all times. Inspire individuals to grow and reach their highest potential within a fast-paced and rapid growth environment. Provide positive, enthusiastic and motivating leadership that fosters a fun and rewarding environment for high achievers.
- Product Delivery – Chase 10X rather than the last 10% by leading the software engineering teams through goal and accountability clarification, barrier removal, dependency management, decision making and keeping the end value in mind. Provide a great balance of scrappiness, forward thinking design and operational readiness. Create and manage to both engineering and product success criteria. Drive product delivery from the point of inception through full production by setting a compelling plan, guidelines and checkpoints for the team as well as managing stakeholder expectations.
- Team Building – Seek out and develop talent to build high-performing, high-functioning and self-driven teams focused on delivering product value. Build a team focused on personal and team accountability, self-learning, problem solving, entrepreneurial thought and customer focus.
- Process Improvement – Continually drive to increase effectiveness of agile and CI/CD processes based on a pragmatic approach. Be the agile sponsor for the organization.
- Resource Scheduling – Review and update team assignments based on skill sets, priorities and project pipeline demands. Set appropriate project estimates and expectations for stakeholders and provide proactive communication on changes.
- Organizational Change – Plan and implement change with the teams to drive effectiveness and ensure the team is poised to deliver on expectations long-term.
- Problem Solving – Work with the teams to solve problems, make decisions and implement solutions that align with end product needs.
- Quality – Manage quality across the whole software engineering life-cycle to ensure successful delivery of software releases.
- General employee management – Lead team meetings, update standards and expectations, perform reviews for employees, set and manage to goals, work with HR to handle personnel issues, and interview potential new hires.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in product focused software engineering (preferably in an early stage, high-growth or consumer focused SaaS environment)
- Minimum of 5 years experience delivering product in a mobile first, API first and cloud native organization
- Minimum of 8 years software leadership experience with proven success in continuously delivering product through multiple engineering teams
- Proven and demonstrated track record of delivering product iteratively
- Experience leading through other managers a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, energetic and urgent leadership style
- Have excellent listening, interpersonal and decision making skills
- Ability to implement new software stacks, infrastructure and other technologies
- Excellent communication skills that foster an open environment where ideas are heard, considered and dealt with in a way the builds up the team
- Good understanding on how to manage Open Source Software
- Proven ability to bridge software and infrastructure design and architecture
- Experience with multiple development languages and methodologiesProven ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Proven experience leading teams through other managers to meet goals and influence change
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong ability to communicate and present to executives and other influential leaders
- Strong team player
- Must be extremely dependable and organized
- Deep experience in leading teams through significant change and growth
- Strong capability to assess impact/risk, prioritize and activate teams accordingly in high stress and urgent situations
- The ability and be driven to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
***Candidate must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
Please Apply Here!