Who We Are:
We hate to boast, but the fact is we’re the leading healthcare IT provider in Urgent Care. We’re also growing at a rate of 50-70% annually, so you’ll want to get on board this fast-moving ship. Our distinct workflow solution, including Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Practice Management (PM), Managed IT services, and Billing Services is currently provided to thousands of clinics across the nation. We offer great benefits, and we’re not averse to having fun on the job.
Who We Need:
You have an analytical mind and a talent for processing and retaining information. Not only that, you’ve got the certification to prove it! As a Certified Professional Coder, it’s your job to review our client charts and medical records, then identify appropriate diagnosis and procedure codes to ensure the data is accurate and compliant.
What You'll Do:
- Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered
- Review medical record information to identify all appropriate coding
- Review provider medical records to ensure compliance with established CMS/AMA documentation requirements for CPT and NCCI edits.
- Reviews patient information to ensure accuracy.
- Review Clinical Notes for ICD-10, specificity.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Responsible for duties related to billing including processing, follow-up activities, and providing related assistance as requested.
- Communicate coding and billing specific deficiencies to various clinical staff
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding claim/encounter information
- Full-time, professional position
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years of medical billing/coding/insurance experience preferred
- CPC certification preferred
- Prior billing/coding experience in an Urgent Care environment a plus
Other Must Haves:
- Knowledgeable in medical insurance billing regulations
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy is required
- Review physician documentation to ensure compliance with third party and regulatory guidelines
- Performs initial charge review to determine appropriate CPT and ICD-10 codes
- Excellent organization and time management skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Must enjoy participating in company-wide Wii bowling tournaments and having fun at work!
- Proficient in Windows based applications, and MS Office software products
- Ability to learn quickly, build and maintain long term relationships and work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong analytical, organizational and time management skills required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office XP products (Word, Excel, Access)
- Work in a professional manner with an exceptional customer service skills
***Candidate must be able to pass background check and drug screen.