Who We Are:
We hate to boast, but the fact is we’re the leading healthcare IT provider in Urgent Care. We’re also growing at a rate of 50-70% annually, so you’ll want to get on board this fast-moving ship. Our distinct workflow solution, including Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Practice Management (PM), Managed IT services, and Billing Services is currently provided to thousands of clinics across the nation. We offer great benefits, and we’re not averse to having fun on the job.
Who We Need:
Are you a coding guru? Do you enjoy working with a team and managing new and evolving processes? DocuTAP may have the position for you! The Coding Manager will manage a team of coders and ensure compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines. They will also supervise and coordinate all coding functions, which include coding related claims rejections and any related refunds. Coding Manager is also responsible for training and evaluating all supervised employees. The position includes monitoring all aspects of the coding and claim submission assuring that proper procedures are in place and records are maintained in compliance with state and federal regulations.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and train coding team on business office practices related to coding, billing, appeals and/or other outsourced coding.
- Manage the day to day coding process and act as liaison for clinics
- Ensure and verify accuracy, completeness and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered and medical record reviews with random quality checks and provide summaries of audit findings with recommendations for improvement
- Review provider medical records to ensure compliance with established CMS/AMA documentation requirements for CPT and NCCI edits.
- Review clinical notes for ICD9, ICD10, and CPT specificity.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- Responsible for duties related to coding, claims submission, appeals, including processing, follow-up activities, and providing related assistance as request.
- Communicate coding and billing specific deficiencies to various clinical staff
- Directs, develops, and implements policy and procedure revision in response to regulatory changes and reviews and updates policy and procedures annually.
- Initiates and monitors the configuration of the health information system’s electronic claims process
- Conducts monthly calls with client sites as needed to troubleshoot/improve processes to maximize revenue and improve cash flow
- Functions as liaison to business office vendors, collection agencies, clearinghouse, and health information systems, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve coding, claim submission, appeals or performance issues through development of corrective action plans and or training
- Communicates Medicare updates and regulatory changes affecting operations
- Continuously seek process improvement and best practice tools to better service clients and deliver value
- Other duties as assigned
- Coding Certification required (CPC, RHIT)
- Prior billing/coding experience in an Urgent Care environment is a plus
- 5 – 10 years office or clinic management experience
Other Must Haves:
- Strong understanding of Coding practices
- Knowledge in accounts receivables: Medicare, Medicaid, HMO/PPO, Commercial, and Work comp Collections, Billing and Reimbursement methodologies
- Strong knowledge of claims appeals and industry standards.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and A/R Management software
- Lead by example and be consistent in responses and actions, with our company Core Values in mind at all times. Effectively lead through a time of rapid growth and change.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate tactfully and professionally.
- Must enjoy competing in company-wide Wii bowling tournaments and having fun at work.
***Candidate must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
Please apply here!!!